Thursday, 20 October 2011

Pencil me in

The pencil skirt is this season's skirt silhouette. It's very sexy, unashamedly feminine and effortlessly translates from day to night - simply add jewellery or change your blouse. It's this versatility that makes it a wardrobe staple:

Givenchy A/W 2011
Jonathan Saunder A/W 2011
Christopher Kane A/W 2011
Here are some of the patterns I think interpret this look best.


Vogue V8672

Avoid gathered panels if your tummy isn't one of your favourite features

Vogue V8697


5 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a well fitting pencil skirt!

    I skipped over Vogue 8697 just looking at the envelope cover, but the technical drawing is so nice. Makes me think twice. I may have to get my hands on that pattern now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease..... I want to learn to make clothes.... beautiful designs. How do I go about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Liza Jane - I always check out the technical drawings because Vogue's pattern illustrations often look dated.

    @ Jotuaka - Would you describe you sewing skils as beginner or intermediate? Can you thread a sewing machine? Wind a bobbin? Cut and alter patterns?
    Email the answers to me at emblemofbeauty@hotmail.co.uk and (by God's grace) I'll send you some tutorials to get you started. I'll try and cover the basics of how to sew a top, skirt, dress and a pair of trousers. It's gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. been following ur blog and u sure have talent.. pls i also need a tutorial on how to sew a trouser cos im a designer and i always have difficulties with the trousers mainly..

    u also check out my online store...

    deevawears@yolasite.com


    thanks so much... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Deevawears - Thanks hun. Checked out your online store and you have lots and lots of lovely pieces - kudos. By God's grace I'll do a trouser tutorial shortly, so stay tuned, lol.

    ReplyDelete