Sunday, 1 January 2012

New Editions

Look what Santa brought me for Christmas! I'm really trying to build a fashion library, I have loads of magazines, a couple of sewing and fashion illustration books but I need to get the numbers up and this is as good a start as any:

This is actually my favourite of the three because it comes with...wait for it..10 patterns (with variations - meaning 20 dresses in all!) from which I can recreate fabulous iconic dresses like Audrey Hepburn's little black dress, Marilyn's poster-classic white halter, Farrah's sexy wrap dress and more - I'm talking dresses from Bette Davies, Twiggy, Jackie O, Diana Ross, Stevie Nicks and even a sexy 'like a virgin' Madonna number.

 

This second book offers an overview of 20th century fashion beginning from the liberation of constricting corsets, through the glory and misery of pre-war and post-war fashions, to the 'anything goes' situation of today. It explores what was en vogue, fashion and style trends and the emergence of various designers and fashion houses:


This book is great for identifying keys looks and defining trends from different decades - from 1900 to 1990. It also includes a shopping and buying directory (international and online stores), there are pointers on sourcing and caring for original vintage pieces as well as glossaries on designers and fashion terms.


2 comments:

  1. hmm babesss love u love ure wrk pls were can i get such book to buy in Nigeria ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure hun, I'll have to find out x

      Delete