Monday, 6 February 2012

Show me what you got

As you all know I love sharing my sewing/DIY projects with all of you and I'd love for you to share some of yours with me, it doesn't necessary have to be something you've made, you could got have got a seamstress or tailor to make it for you. The most important thing is that it's UNIQUE. Even if you've customised a thifted or shop bought piece.

As my last post featured a photo of my wedding dress, I thought I'd make my first contribution theme about "Wedding Dresses". So if your'e interested, you can submit a photo of your wedding dress, a bridemaid's dress you wore or something you wore as a guest and it includes DIYed accessories too! I really want this blog to be more interactive, a place where we can share creative ideas about personal style and design and really learn from and inspire each other.

Suzannah's Wedding Dress Contribution

This gorgeous vintage inspired, tulle tea length dress was made by avid sewer and dressmaker Suzannah of adventures in dressmaking. (Photos by Becky of Studio 623 Photography)



Not only did Suzannah make her own dress and birdcage veil, she also made all her bridesmaid's dresses! I especially love how each dress is suited to their frame and look how happy they look, not a awkward grimace in sight.


After all that hard work Suzannah definitely deserves her happy ending.

If you wanna be part of this DIY movement and you want your work or designs to be featured here please email your photos to emblemofbeauty@hotmail.co.uk, with details of your blog, how we can contact you and more importantly how your DIY was made/designed.  I do have one condition though, photos should be clear, I mean we wanna see and appreciate your ideas and hardwork.

2 comments: