AfriChic Living

Remember when Carrie quips she's been cheating on fashion with furniture in SATC 2 well for the last few months that has been my reality. I've ditched my fashion mags for interior design ones. Here's an upholstery project I recently completed.


Here's how the sofa originally looked, tired and faded, I bought it from a local charity shop.






I tried to reupholstered the chair with fabric that complimented my rug and had an Africhic vibe, so I decided to use quintessential African print fabric - ankara.



Comments

  1. Lovely! Did you do it yourself? Looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did hun and it was surprisingly easy. The sofa basically consists of 4 cushions and covering them was pretty straight forward. For the arms I stretched the fabric around the cushioned part and secured it with upholstery nails - that was the most fiddly bit to be honest.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts